School of Journalism
Changes to the Media Studies minor; in effect Fall 2016 and later:
Starting Fall 2016 psychology major and minor have a new curriculum
Psychology majors are required to complete 56 total credit hours (48 upper division, 16@ UO) in a more progressive curriculum that emphasizes coursework in psychology. Majors are required to:
- Take Math 243 as a pre-requisite to PSY302 (Math 111 no longer acceptable)
- Score a C or better in introductory courses (PSY201 and PSY202).
- Majors are required to take at least 3 CORE courses at the 300 level (including at least one from Cog/Bio area)
- Take three 400-level specialty courses of their choice (breadth no longer imposed at this level)
- 12 credits of BI/CH/PHYS/BIOCHEM are no longer required.
Psychology minors are required to complete 28 total credit hours (20 upper division, 16@ UO) in a curriculum that emphasizes breadth across areas of psychology. Psych minors are required to:
- Take at least 3 CORE courses at the 300 level, instead of the 400 level coursework previously required.
- Take PSY301 and PSY302 (PSY 303 and higher coursework is no longer required).